Whooping Cough (Pertusis)
- Caused by the bacteria bacilus (Pertusis)
- Occurs as initiating cough which becomes repeated violent cough followed by high pitched respiratory whoop.
- It occurs among children.
- Transmitted by direct contact with discharges.
- Report to local health authority.
- Active immunization which is now given along with diptheria and tetanus as DPT.
- Isolation of cases.
- Quaranting from schools for 21 days.
- Education of public.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021