- Caused by bacteria mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- It affects lungs, mainly intestine, brain, bones and joints lymph glanes.
- Occurs as cough more than 3 weeks, fever, loss of weight, loss of appetite.
- Transmitted as airborne droplet.
- Education about the importance of early diagnosis and prompt treatment.
- Improvement in housing venitlation.
- Environmental sanitation.
- BCG Vaccine at the time of birth.
To combat the tuberculosis now, revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme is being implemented in Govt.PHCs / Hospitals which ensures the successful treatment.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021