- Caused by bacteria clostridium tetani.
- Occurs as painful muscular contraction, first affecting the cheek and neck muscles and then trunk muscles.
- A common first sign in older children and adult is adbominal rigidity.
- Transmitted by wound contaminated with soil, feces.
- It occurs in new borns which is called as neonatal tetanus if safety methods are not followed during delivery.
- Immunization with tetanus toxoid.
- Pregnant Women:
- 2 doses of tetanus toxoid.
- at 16-20 weeks and 24 weeks of pregnancy.
- to prevent neonatal tetanus.
- For Infants:
- included in DPT and to be given at 45 days, 75 days, 105 days and 1 1/2 years of birth.
- DT at fifth year
- TT at 10th year and once in five years.
- Thorough cleaning of the wound.
AVOID FREQUENT T.T. INJECTION, WHENEVER YOU GET INJURED
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021