- Caused by virus Rabies virus.
- Followed by a bite or scratch of a rabies affected animal.
- Occurs as headache, fever, tiredness, indefinite sensory changes
- The main features is excitability, aerophobia (fearness to the speed air),difficulty in swallowing, hydrophobia (fear of water).
- Without treatment death occurs due to respiratory paralysis.
- Register license and vaccinate all dogs.
- Treat the wound immediately by thorough cleaning. The wound should not be sutured.
- Effective vaccination is available for the both exposed and non-exposed persons.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021