- Caused by Polio virus types 1, 2, 3.
- Occurs as fever, malaise, headache, nausea, vomitting, muscle pain, stiffness of the back and neck with FLACCID PARALYSIS.
- Transmitted from person to person by fecal-oral route.
- Report to the local Health Authority.
- Active immunization with Polio vaccines It is given as oral polio drops. It should be given at birth, 45 days, 75 days, 105 days and 9 months of age and at 1 1/2 years.
- In view of eradicating polio, 2 rounds Pulse Polio is given since from 1995 The child should also receive these pulse polio in addition to the routine Immunisation.
- Personal and environment hygiene.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021