Caused by virus flavi virus.
- There will be sudden onset, fever for 3-5 days severe headache, musles pain.
- joint pain, pain in the eyes, digestive problems.
- In haemorrhagic disease, there will be bleeding nose, gum, hypovolemia and abnormal blood clotting properties.
- Transmitted by a mosquito Aedesaegypti.
- Eliminating mosquito by net, protective clothing, repellants and avoiding stagnation of water.
- Treatment is only supportive.
- Aspirin should not be used because it may cause bleeding in the stomach.
- The haemorrhagic cases has to be hospitalised.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021