- Caused by a bacteria vibrio cholerae.
- Affected person will have suddden onset of Profuse painless watery stools, nausea, vomitting
- If not treated in early stages, rapid dehydration, collapse and renal failure will occur.
- Transmitted by ingestion of food or water contaminated directly or indirectly.
- Report to local health authority.
- Hospitalization of severe patients.
- Mild cases can be treated at house by use of oral rehydration solution.
- Treatment consist of:
- Rehydration therapy.
- Administration of antibiotics.
- Treatment of complications.
- Disinfection of feces, vomitting and of linens, articles used by the patient.
- Vaccination is of little practical value in outbreaks.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021