- Anaemia occurs mainly due to iron deficiency. It is found especially among adolescents, young children, pregnant women and lactating women.
- It occurs due to inadequate intake of iron and other infections like hook worm and malaria.
- The foods rich in iron are meat, liver, fish, cereals, green leafy vegetables, nuts, jaggery.
- The person suffering from anaemia will have, tiredness, lack of interest in doing work, breathlessness, pale coloured face, palms, pale tongue and eyes, reduced work capacity, etc.
- Intake of iron containing foods.
- Control of infection like malaria and hookworm
- Iron and folic acid (IFA) supplementation.
- During pregnancy and lactation, IFA Tablets supplied freely.
- For adolescents girls the IFA tablets are supplied by teachers,
- Volunteers and Self help group under adolescent anaemia Control Programme.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021