- Caused by a virus called Human Immuno Deficiency virus.
- There are about 13 million cases by 1999 Worldwide and 6.7 million in South and South East Asia.
- It is transmitted from person to person through sexual contact, sharining of virus contaminated needles and syringes, transfusion of infected blood.
- Transmission at the contact with saliva, tears, urine not occured.
- Have sexual intercourse with wife/husband only.
- Abstain from sexual intercourse with unknown persons.
- Use condoms during sexual acts.
- Use of sterilized needles / syringes, disposable needles.
- Screening of blood and blood products.
- Care in handling, using and disposing of blood and blood products, needles and sharp instruments.
- Disinfection of equipment contaminated.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 15-10-2021